Ontario Car Insurance Claims and Accident Benefits. Who can access Ontario benefits?
- Income Replacement: Just like it says…the income replacement benefit compensates for lost income/wages.
- Non-earner benefit: The non-earner benefit applies when you are unable to carry on a “normal life” and do not qualify for either an Income Replacement benefit or Caregiver benefit.
- Caregiver benefits: Compensation for expenses incurred when a member of your home needs care and someone is hired to care for them because you no longer can.
- Medical benefits: Covers medical expenses that occurred as a result of the injury.
- Rehabilitation benefits: Covers rehabilitation expenses incurred as a result of an injury.
- Attendant Care Benefits: This covers some of the expenses incurred by hiring an aide or attendant.
- Compensation for Other Expenses: These accident benefits pay for some expenses such as monies put out by family member’s costs in being with you during visitation and recovery. Often times some housekeeping and home maintenance are also covered, as well as lost or damaged articles during the accident. ie: computer in car etc…
- Death benefits: Family members may collect this accident benefit on behalf of a deceased family member.
- Funeral benefits: These accident benefits help cover funeral expenses.
There are many more accident benefits available to Ontario drivers. If you are unsure of whether or not you are receiving everything you are entitled to from your insurance company, it is best you consult with a lawyer. We meet daily with people and walk them through their best options. Often times all they need is a little advice. Unfortunately, most insurance companies will not tell you unless you ask and most people don’t know what to ask for. Our experienced staff knows Ontario accident benefits inside and out. We can help.