We Can’t Bring Back Your Loved One but We Can at Least Help Remove Some of the Stress of Losing a Loved One
Losing a spouse, child, parent or friend in an accident is an emotional and traumatic experience. In a split second your life changes and will never be the same again. We understand your grief and we are here for you. We understand that no amount of compensation is ever going to bring your loved one back.
Our personal injury lawyers help people going through the most difficult times of their lives cope with life’s complications after losing someone in an accident. Unfortunately, debt and bills won’t stop to let you catch your breath, but we understand you need time to grieve and make sense of everything. We care and we’re here to help you complete the necessary accident benefits claims and insurance claims paperwork to help secure the proper compensation you and your family needs now and for the future. This is not a time for you to be worrying about money. Let us handle this for you. You have been through enough.
In the wake of losing someone, we want you to know we can help
You have options after the loss of a loved one. There are Ontario Accident Benefits for you and your family. You shouldn’t have to worry about the cost of making arrangements, let us secure compensation for funeral expenses for up to $6,000. Additionally, you may be able to obtain a spousal death benefit of $25,000, a Dependents’ Death Benefit of $10,000 for each child under 18, and have you reimbursed for any necessary expenses incurred visiting loved ones in care facilities after the accident.
During tough times, let our team take care of your future.
After a wrongful death, family and individual counseling is available to you under Ontario Accident Benefits (OCF1). Our team can refer you to some of Ottawa’s best counselors or top psychologists and assist you in claiming the benefits you’re entitled to, which may include:
- Loss of Income Claim (60-65% of net income for your spouse if both spouses were working and 4% for each dependent child)
- Loss of Care, Companionship, and Guidance (pain and suffering claim on behalf of the family)
- Loss of Household Services (home maintenance, handyman services, etc.)
- Loss of Caregiving Services (babysitting needs)
Ontario Accident Benefits Compensation for Wrongful Death include:
- Funeral Expenses up to $6,000.00
- Spousal Death Benefit: $25,000.00
- Dependents’ Death Benefit: $10,000.00 each
- Expenses of family visitors ** Section 22 of the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule states: If an insured person sustains an impairment as a result of an accident, the insurer shall pay for reasonable and necessary expenses incurred not more than 104 weeks after the accident by the following persons as a result of the accident in visiting the insured person during his or her treatment or recovery.
Paperwork required for wrongful death claims in Ontario: (Our Ottawa personal injury lawyers can assist in obtaining most of the following:)
- Tax returns for the past 3 years
- Last year’s pension statements for deceased as well as the spouse (if applicable)
- Outline of future career path, earnings scenarios, and retirement plans, had the accident not occurred
- Outline of tasks that deceased engaged in around the home
- Outline of childcare tasks that deceased engaged in (if applicable)
- Outline of deceased employment history for the previous 10 years (if applicable)
- Copy of Automobile Insurance Certificate for other party vehicle
- Copy of Automobile Insurance policy for personal vehicle
- Name and address of insurance broker for personal automobile
- Deceased’s medical records for previous 3-5 years
- Victim Impact Statements
- Daily Journals kept – if any
Our lawyers understand that this is an incredibly difficult time for you and your family. We will help you with all the above. We are truly sorry for your loss and understand that at this point in your life, you have enough on your plate. We will go above and beyond to help in any way we can. You need help. Let our experience and dedication help you and your family.
Contact us to discuss what compensation and services we can get for you.
If you’ve suffered the loss of a loved one in an accident, contact our lawyers free of charge to discuss how we can help you get compensation, support, and benefits.
We are Ottawa based personal injury lawyers who understand, who care, who are here to help… and our track record proves it.