Ottawa Injury Lawyers David Hollingsworth and Associates. If you have been in an accident in Ontario and are injured, you will most likely need to access your Ontario accident benefits. Ontario accident benefits are provided through your insurance company or the insurance company of other vehicle involved in the accident. You begin by first informing your own insurance company that you have been in an accident. They will then send you an Ontario Accident Benefits package. By law your insurance company must provide you with these forms, and you have 30 days to complete the necessary accident benefit forms and return them to your insurance company. It is important you fill out these forms are properly filled out. When a new client comes to us and we act for them as their Ottawa personal injury lawyer, we always recommend that we fill out the forms for them as often times they can be somewhat confusing and challenging if you have never filled them out before. We have accident benefit specialists who can fill these form out for you in a comprehensive and detailed manner ensuring that there are no errors on your forms that could in turn delay your case. There are a number of Ontario accident benefit forms that need to be completed and depending on what your injuries are and the details of your accident, you may be required to fill out all of them. The primary forms that need to be filled out right away are:
Ontario Accident Benefit Forms: OCF Forms
- OCF-1 : Application for Accident Benefits
- This is the initial accident benefits form to be filled out when applying for accident benefits as a result of an accident . The OCF-1 form must be filled with your insurance company in order for your personal injury claim to commence.
- OCF-2 Employer’s Confirmation of Income
- The OCF-2 form applies only to those who are claiming Income Replacement Benefits. The OCF-2 form is completed by you and your employer. There are instances where several OCF-2 forms need to be completed. For example if you have been employed by more than one employer in the previous 52 weeks, you may need to fill out an OCF-2 form for each of your previous employers within the previous 52 weeks.
- OCF-3 Disability Certificate
- The OCF-3 form is to be completed mainly by your health practitioner. It needs to be as detailed as possible and describes the extent of your injuries as a result of the accident.
- OCF-5 Permission to Disclose Health Information
- The OCF-5 forms allows for access to your medical records and any previous medical information that can help determine your accident benefits eligibility.
You have been injured and you are suffering so its important that we get you help as quickly as possible. We are Ottawa personal injury lawyers who can help you by ensuring that you receive all the services you need as well as ensure that you receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Our accident benefit specialists will help you sift through the accident benefits process and will complete all the necessary Ontario accident benefit forms properly and in a timely manner, so as not to delay your case. We understand that these are difficult times and we are here to help. Our Ottawa injury lawyers can travel to you, your home or your hospital. All consultations are free.