Are you eligible for Ontario Accident Benefits?
What are Accident Benefits ? Have you been in accident? Are you wondering what your options are? In most cases if you reside in Ontario you may be entitled to Accident Benefits. The Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule, otherwise known as SABS is the provincial regulation of benefits. These are standardized benefits that all insurance companies in Ontario provide. The role of Accident Benefits is to provide insurance compensation, regardless of fault, if you, your passengers, or if you are a pedestrian and have suffered a serious injury in an accident. Depending on the nature of the accident and the extent of the injuries, certain relatives or dependents may also qualify, even if they were not directly involved in the accident. You may also qualify for accident benefits if you were not directly involved in an accident but are suffering from psychological and mental strains of injured relatives.
Not everyone is entitled to Ontario Accident Benefits. You may apply for Accident Benefits and your insurance company and may deny your coverage. You can appeal this decision and fight it. An experienced personal injury lawyer can assist with this type of appeal and will work towards getting you maximum compensation and the benefits you need.
Who is excluded from Ontario Accident Benefits?
An insurance company may deny Income Replacement Benefits, Non-earner Benefits and compensation for other expenses benefits to:
• a driver who was excluded from an insurance policy,
• a driver or passengers who were aware, or should have been aware that the vehicle was driven without the owner of the vehicle’s consent,
• anyone who made false misrepresentation to their insurance company , resulting in automobile insurance being provided, and
• anyone who at the time of the accident was involved in an act for which he or she is convicted of any criminal offence, regardless of whether or not the offence is related to the operation of a vehicle,
• a driver who knew, or out to have known, that they were driving without a valid insurance.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, it’s important you get informed. Ontario Accident Benefits are your benefits and benefits you are most likely entitled to. If you are unsure of your rights or what benefits you are entitled to, contact our personal injury lawyers and we would be happy to provide you with what benefits you are entitled to and give you an idea of what type of compensation you can expect